The July/August issue of Glass International is packed full of articles about current glass industry topics. The edition highlights some of the issues raised at recent industry events, including the FEVE Open Day, ICG Prague and GPD, before turning its attention to the upcoming Glassman America exhibition and conference, in Las Vegas on 11th – 12th September 2013.
An article from Stephen Segebarth of Verallia North America, who will be a keynote speaker at Glassman America, focuses on the US glass container market and highlights the issue of glass going to landfill in the USA.
Lynn Bragg, President of GPI and another keynote speaker, touches on the challenges facing the US container glass industry and how the GPI works with its members to advocate the benefits of glass.
Other features include articles on lightweighting, toughened glass, annealing, furnace design, forehearth services, container glass forming, hollow glass finishing and glass decoration. There are also industry and market overviews.
All this, as well as international news, events listings and the Glassman America catalogue; featuring the list of exhibitors and a guide to the products and services offered.
Front cover courtesy of Air Products
July/Aug 2013 Contents
2. Editor’s Comment
3. International News
10. GLASSMAN AMERICA PREVIEW
12. FEVE talk highlights glass’s green benefits
15. Glass industry gathers at ICG Prague 2013
18. Glass Performance Days review
22. Q&A: Lynn Bragg, GPI
25. Verallia North America - Stephen Segebarth
28. Looking beyond lightweighting - Sharon Crayton, Ardagh
32. Glass Technology Services
34. Technical Topics - John Henderson
36. Industry Overview - Ulrike Aldenhoff, BV Glas
38. Market Overview - Steve Martin, Siemens
40. Air flotation technology - Juha Liettya, Glaston
41. GLASSMAN AMERICA CATALOGUE
60. The annealing process - Vitor Maia, Vidromecanica
62. Furnace systems: Advancing design principles - Andy Reynolds, Fives Stein
65. Operators influence on forehearth operation - John McMinn, Forehearth Services
68. Technologies to reduce bottle weight - Matthias Kunz, Horn Glass Industries
71. Gas premix technology in the forehearth - Marek Barbe, FIB Belgium
74. Forehearth colour technology - Phil Maitland, Ferro
Container glass forming
75. Container glass forming simulation - Alfons Moller, Nogrid
Hollow glass finishing
78. Neck finish in glass hollowware - N. Sesha Prakash
81. No compromises - Christoph Hermann, Hermann Maschinenbau
83. British Glass focuses on industry skills
84. Furnace Solutions review
85. Mir Stekla celebrates 15 years
87. China Glass 2013 review/Diary