Glass industry news

PPG and Pleotint to co-market product

Published: September 23, 2011 by Nadine Firth

PPG Industries and Pleotint have agreed to jointly market a commercial window glass system that combines Sunlight Responsive Thermochromic (SRT) interlayer technology by Pleotint, with Solarban low-emissivity (low-E) glass by PPG, to control solar heat gain and reduce energy costs in…

Read more

Fenzi expands product line

Published: September 23, 2011 by Nadine Firth

Fenzi, a chemical leader for the secondary processing of flat glass, has announced two new products: Butylver TPS and Butylver SS. Butylver TPS is a thermoplastic spacer bar, developed for use with the applicators produced by Lenhardt. Butylver SS is a formulation of the Butylver…

Read more

Enviroglas announces name change

Published: September 22, 2011 by Nadine Firth

Enviroglas, based in Texas, USA has become ‘Glass Recycled’ in a bid to reflect its expanded scope and service to the commercial and residential building products industry. Glass Recycled operates a patented process of recycling and transforming glass and porcelain into sustainable…

Read more


Misinformation regarding Conference on Glass Problems

Published: September 21, 2011 by Nadine Firth

The July/August and September 2011 issues of Glass International feature details of the forthcoming Conference on Glass Problems (GPC). In both issues, reference is made to the conference moving to Alfred University in New York, USA from 2012. This information was published as a result of…

Read more

BA Vidro aquires share of Warta Glass Group

Published: September 21, 2011 by Nadine Firth

BA Vidro has announced an agreement to acquire 80% of Warta Glass Group, a Polish glass packaging company headquartered in Pozna?. The remaining 20% will stay in the hands of current owner Wojciech Pawlowski, who will remain as Chairman of the supervisory board. Carlos Moreira da…

Read more