Furnace Solutions 8 will be held on Thursday 6th June 2013. These conferences have now become a regular fixture in the international glassmaking calendar – attracting delegates and speakers from around the globe.
Uniquely, they deal entirely with ‘practical’ glassmaking issues and their informal format allows participants to share experiences, and discuss solutions to some of today’s glass melting challenges.
The programme for Furnace Solutions 8 includes:
- Development of Melting Technology for the production of high-strength thin flat glass (Alan Stephens, Fives-Stein)
- A new approach to AZS faults in Float glass (Geoff Evans, GlasRef Consulting)
- Design optimization for a new modern container glass furnace (Andries Habraken, CelSian)
- Redox measurement and control in container glass furnaces (Sven-Roger Kahl, Ardagh Group)
- Bonded Refractories for the Extreme Conditions in the Top of Regenerators (Stephan Lohn, RHI Glas GmbH)
- Long term results of oxy fuel forehearth heating technology for E glass fibre production (Christian Windhoevel, Air Liquide)
- Permeability: The hidden key to refractory performance (Trevor Wilson, DSF Refractories)
Other topics will include further recent developments and experiences in glassmaking refractories and furnace repair techniques.
The preceding day (Wednesday 5th June) will see the SGT’s first ‘Training day - Introduction to Glassmaking Refractories’. This new venture has been arranged in response to industry requests:
- The objective is to provide an introduction into the properties and performance of these critical materials - which are so central to the glassmaking process
- The speakers are international experts in glassmaking refractories - representing many of the world's leading manufacturers
- Topics will include the properties and performance of Silica, Fusion-cast, Basic and Aluminosilicate materials - plus the testing and assessment of refractories for furnace usage.
It should be of interest to anyone involved in the design, operation and maintenance of glass furnaces.
The fees (including buffet lunches and refreshments) are:
- Furnace Solutions 8: £95
- Refractories Training Day: £40 (SGT members) or £95 (non-members)
Numbers for both events are limited - so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Further information (including the conference dinner) and bookings for both events:
The Society of Glass Technology Website: www.furnacesolutions.co.uk.
Tel: +44 (0)114 263 4455
Attendance at Furnace Solutions 8 and the Training Day qualifies for the Continuing Professional Development programme and CPD certificates will be presented by the SGT.