French high-end bottle maker Saverglass has released its 2020-2021 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, detailing the company's achievements and measurable progress.
The report also has an extended focus on the second measurement of its carbon footprint over the last 10 years (resulting in a decrease of -11% on scopes 1, 2 and 3 between 2009 and 2019).
This led Saverglass to establish its low-carbon roadmap aiming at a consequent reduction of its emissivity by 2035 and the achievement of carbon neutrality by 2050.
"We have defined a concrete and ambitious action plan with the expertise of our partner, Carbone 4, to fight against climate change.
“To do so, we have identified two priority lines of action. The first is to have effective measurement and management of emissions related to our industrial activity," said Jean-Marc Arrambourg, CEO of Saverglass Group.
“We also expect to take action against our greenhouse gas emissions (GHG).
“The objective is to reduce our industrial process' emissivity by 45% by 2035 and by 36% across our entire value chain (scopes 1, 2, and 3).
“By 2050, we want to continue our efforts and encourage innovations to align ourselves with a reduction trajectory of 2°C. That means achieving carbon neutrality in 2050.,” he added.
The report also outlines the reduction of other emissions, reduced water waste, reduced plastic packaging, development of organic inks (Organic Colour Play), the optimisation of raw materials, and contribution to the local economy and society worldwide.
Saverglass Future Roadmap
● 5% increase of cullet content in its coloured glass by 2025
● Saverglass’ objective is to reduce the emissivity of its industrial process by 45% by 2035 and by 36% across its entire value chain (scopes 1, 2, and 3). Saverglass aims to continue its efforts to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050
● The main work focuses include improving energy efficiency, increasing the proportion of clean energy in the energy mix used for glass manufacture
● Saverglass has launched an ambitious program composed of more than thirty actions. Saverglass is working on low carbon innovative actions, such as Furnace for the Future, the first R&D Program with Vercane, Hydrogen Project (H2), and Decarbonised Raw Materials Project.
● Saverglass is also the first glass manufacturer to declare its intention to act on scope 3 in the calculation of its carbon footprint reduction
● 100% of Saverglass' suppliers to sign an ethics clause by 2025
The full report can be found here: https://www.saverglass.com/en/csr/vision-strategy