Construction continues on a float glass factory being built in Kyzylorda, Kazakhstan.

Work began in the spring and so far about 95% of the foundation warehouses for finished products and the construction of the upper part of the building have been completed.

A ferroalloy plant will also be built in the future.

The inner workings of the factory will be completed in the winter, such as ventilation systems and steel structures.

So far all the work carried out has been on schedule and the majority of materials bought locally.

Upon completion, the plant will produce 197,000 tonnes a year of float glass.

About 95% of the required raw materials will be produced on site.

The total cost of the mega-project is 52 billion tenge ($188.4 million).

About 80% of the funds allocated were from the Development Bank of Kazakhstan, while the remaining 20% was from the American company Stewart Engineers and the Investment Fund of Kazakhstan.