Global glass bottle packager Verallia has reported a revenue growth of 25.3% for 2022.
Verallia’s 2022 annual results showed an increase in revenue as well as profitable growth in other areas compared to 2021.
- Increase in revenue to €3.352Bn (+25.3%).
- Organic growth (at constant exchange rates and scope) of +26.5% compared to 2021.
- Growth in net income to €356m (+42.7%).
- Net debt ratio of 1.6x after the acquisition of Allied Glass in November.
- Reduction in CO2 emissions of 10.8% vs. 2019, in line with commitments.
- Increase in external cullet ratio of 55.7% (+0.7 points vs. 2021) in 2022.
Patrice Lucas, CEO of Verallia, said: “I am very pleased with 2022 results, illustrating the relevance of the group’s strategy and the agility of its teams in a particularly volatile environment.
“Verallia demonstrated its flexibility and ability to generate a positive inflation spread despite unprecedented cost inflation while continuing its productivity plans.
“The group also capitalised on a buoyant market by optimising its production capacities and successfully lighting a new furnace in Brazil.
“Verallia has also implemented all facets of its capital allocation strategy through investment in its organic growth and decarbonisation, a strategic acquisition in the UK and the launch of a share buyback programme.
“Lastly, we are more motivated than ever to maintain our decarbonisation trajectory, while further delivering our profitable growth.”