News items involving O-I were the most popular stories of 2019.
According to statistics from the Glass International website, news item regarding O-I’s decision to sell its Asia-Pacific glass business and its proposed new MAGMA technology were the most read of 2019.
This was closely followed by its decision to acquire the Nueva Fanal glassmaking site in Mexico.
The fourth most popular story was the construction of the Arglass container glassmaking site in Georgia, USA.
The top ten most reads news items of 2019 on the Glass International website were:
- O-I plots $1 billion sale of Asia-Pacific glass business
- O-I plots European MAGMA glass technology expansion
- O-I in $188 million acquisition of Nueva Fanal Mexican glass facility
- Construction of Arglass container glass plant set to star
- Encirc invests in world’s first intelligent glass line and increased capacity
- Arc International asks staff to work more to avoid filing for bankruptcy
- Angola’s Embalvidro plant set for furnace lighting today
- Vidrala plans €500 million investment over five years
- BA Glass plots $227 million Bulgarian furnace investments
- Qatar's Gulf Glass Factory signs EPC contract